Many of my colleagues are in San Francisco for today’s AWS Summit. Here’s a summary of what we announced from the main stage and in the breakout sessions:
- Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX) – In-Memory Caching for Read-Intensive Workloads.
- Amazon Redshift Spectrum – Exabyte-Scale In-Place Queries of S3 Data.
- AWS CodeStar – Quickly Develop, Build, and Deploy Applications on AWS.
- EC2 F1 Instances with FPGAs.
- AWS X-Ray with Lambda Integration.
- Amazon Lex.
- Preview of Amazon Aurora with PostgreSQL Compatibility.
- Amazon Rekognition Update – Image Moderation.
- Amazon Polly – Speech Marks and Whispering.
- Public Preview of VPC Endpoints for DynamoDB.
- Conversational Bots in AWS Mobile Hub.
- SaaS Contracts for AWS Marketplace.
- Service-Linked IAM Roles – An Easier Way to Delegate Permissions.
Source: AWS Blog AWS San Francisco Summit – Summary of Launches and Announcements